skip to main | skip to sidebar

Shiva's Headband "Take Me To The Mountains" EAC FLAC Lossless


FLAC + 320kB/s

I figure if you're reading this, you already know what this is, and don't need me to tell you about it.

I had a look online recently, and noticed that this CD issue (not by Capitol Records, please note) has become a bit scarce, and I also noticed that there were no FLAC Lossless offerings, so... I'm putting one out there.

I've read some references to Headband as architects of Texas psychedelic music, and I have to disagree with that. The 13th Floor Elevators had long before made their very considerable impact, and left the building, by the time this album was released in 1970. I honestly don't know much about it, as I was a kid when this album came out... I guess people see it that way as this was a Capitol Records release, and the Elevators were on, um... International Artists, which was notoriously the worst label to ever steal artists blind.

As I get older, I realize what an impact music we hear growing up has on us for the rest of our lives... it had been well over two decades since I'd heard this recording, but I immediately remembered every single word to every song, as I'd heard it so many times in the house growing up... I thought it was a trip then, and I do now.

There are three bonus tracks added to the original ten, and I don't think they add anything to this album - I was tempted to leave them off the rip, actually. There are hits and misses in this deal, but... the few strong tracks on here are beyond memorable. Just be sure to roll up a fat one before listening. Here is hippie dope-smoke extraordinaire, all kaleidoscoptic-like. Country fiddle + pure lysergic psychedelia, thrown into a blender of time. It's an album that could never happen again. Ever.

Cydney


Exact Audio Copy v0.99 prebeta 5/AccurateRip

Log + Cue + Playlist


Click


9 comments:

Scott said...

Thanks for the downloads, Am taking advantage of both of your downs on this all I have had is the vinyl for all these years. Thanks for the share!

JW said...

I agree with your assessments of Shiva's headband, they may not have been the first Texas psych band but they helped put Vulcan and Armadillo on the world map and I love em for it!

  'preciate the Dls!

kobilica said...

I'm looking for so long this album in "FLAC" and finally hereit is.Shiva's Headband is one of my favourite since i've heard it.Thanks a lot!!!

bob said...

Great psychedelic album, many thanks for lossless format of this very rare edition with bonus tracks!!!

Ҫჯ said...


You're so welcome, bob...

Guess I'm glad I left those bonus tracks in after all :)

Enjoy it.


Anonymous said...

huge THX for this

so cool!

<3

ozrock said...

Thank you very much!

Ҫჯ said...


You're so welcome, ozrock.

:)


Anonymous said...

Many thanks for this. I had the second LP but not this, so I'm very grateful