skip to main | skip to sidebar

Lambert, Hendricks & Bavan "Live At Basin Street East"


After a great deal of search/research, I've discovered this coveted 1963 live recording is *almost* impossible to find now.


Trust me. It is.

Remastered and released on compact disc sometime in the late 1990s (I've seen conflicting release dates that run from Spring 1997 to Fall 2001) I am convinced this was available on CD for about four minutes, then quickly banished to the cut out bins to die a premature and unnecessary death. Hopefully, you were in the right Borders Books location at the right moment, and snagged a copy for yourself.

It is officially OOP at this time, and what a shame too, as this is an amazing recording. A few copies of the original 1963 vinyl pressing are available used. Very used.

I've also discovered that a common error is made, listing this album/CD as a recording by Lambert, Hendricks & Ross (Annie Ross).

If you're reading this, I'm pretty sure you've landed here after a long and fruitless search, so...

Enjoy, and feel free to comment.

Cydney


Click


8 comments:

msjstw said...

Thank you!

Ҫჯ said...


woo! All the way from Norway...

You are very welcome M!

Enjoy it :)



gustaf said...


Outstanding!

Thanks so much.

Paula said...

Everyone should have a little Jazz in their life. Now this is just the ticket!!

Thanks Cyd!
~P~

Anonymous said...

Thanks a million. I grew up with this one (on LP) and I look forward to listening to it again. Thank you :)

steve

Anonymous said...

God Bless you!!! I lost my LP copy of this a few years ago and have been looking for it ever since.

Ecapital46

Ҫჯ said...


yay, I'm so happy you found it! Thank you for telling me!

It's a wonderful album, yes?

Yours again, forever now...

◔‿◔


Anonymous said...


Many thanks for this rare and outstanding recording...

If you ever put your hands on the "At Newport '63" album I would be most gratefull if you could share...

Luc from France